Inbound Found is seeking a lead web developer (100% remote) to run our web development projects, both client facing and internal.
Our approach to websites
We are not a “web dev” shop, we are a growth marketing agency. We design websites for business performance that operate at the intersection of SEO, CRO, and UX. Typical client websites have hundreds to thousands of pages and a range of taxonomies.
Our websites are created to empower clients to execute the content strategy we help lay out with them around improved information architecture. Once delivered, clients are able to rapidly spin up their own landing pages, launch campaigns, or make updates in the wordpress admin area. To us, the user experience in the wp-admin area is just as important as the experience for the end user on the frontend because it minimizes ongoing maintenance and training costs for clients and ultimately results in higher value.
We are looking for someone who is
The breakdown of work responsibilities:
- ~40% of work: WordPress website projects for clients with medium to large sites (1000s of pages) and multiple taxonomies, the terms and content which needs to be deployed as implementation of our website content strategy and related ongoing client recommendations for improved SEO, UX, and CRO improvements. Requires:
- frontend coding (HTML/CSS/JS) converting Figma mockups/prototypes to pixel perfect websites
- a knowledge of integration (REST/GraphQL)
- general understanding of CPTs, custom taxonomies, and WordPress database structure
- ~20% of work: Internal gutenberg blocks library (either ACF blocks or React patterns), a WordPress plugin with version control pushed across client sites and managed processes for styling blocks we create to client visual identity specifications with addons)
- ~30% of work: our existing internal proprietary graph analytics tooling called Content Recommender (on multi-tenant GRAND stack instance with serverless architecture, AWS Lambdas, GrapheneDB, Netlify, Auth0)
- ~10% of work: project coordination requiring soft skills, some client facing communication, working with a small team of project manager, UX designer, and content strategist/information architect, running projects, delegating work when we need specialized help or get too busy
A best fit candidate:
- has a portfolio of work they can show and speak to
- is willing and able to be on work calls during EST hours (internal calls typically happen in the AM, but we occasionally have the client calls as late as 4:30pm)
- confident working with DNS, familiar with and able to troubleshoot DNS config issues, such as mail server deliverability problems, caching, CDN,
- is proficient in our stack and comfortable in associated technologies (hosting technologies like Plesk, cPanel, WPEngine), server Apache, SQL, PHP, WordPress CMS, JS, CSS, and Git).
- willing to get up to speed on our development patterns, theming, and plugins used on existing client sites: Woocommerce, Custom Post Types, ACF Blocks (ACF Pro + Gutenberg Blocks), React-based gutenberg blocks, ACF Extended, WP All Import/Export, Astra, Ultimate Addon for Gutenberg, WPML and its various addons, Gravity Forms, WP Mail SMTP, WP Migrate DB Pro.
- can convert a series of graphic mockups to a pixel perfect website
- understands business requirements and can communicate business value of our website work
- is willing to train junior resources for up to 4 hours per week
- has worked on large website projects (100s to 1000s of pages) and has a sense of what’s involved to cost and meet complex requirements
- understands how design decisions impact development costs, time, and complexity
- knows how to adhere to visual identity and brand guideline requirements, has a sense of design and can make design layout decisions in a pinch
A plus but not required:
- Experience with Python, Neo4j, GraphQL, or anything in GRAND stack
- is familiar with principles of UX, SEO, and CRO and can speak to those topics with clients
Direct all inquiries to jim @ this root domain.