I can think of a few and they fall into these categories of anything:
- that locks you into an ongoing agreement arbitrarily
- when I couldn’t really afford it
- that afterward felt like I significantly overpaid
- subscription based that I wasn’t using for months (with no credit/money back option)
- that doesn’t do what I expected
Whenever I buy something thinking I’ll make a hobby of using it, I know it might very well sit on a shelf and collect dust or since I’m obsessed with info products in a folder labeled “training” on my comp.
As buyers we develop these little frameworks for making purchasing decisions. They’re informed by good and bad experiences. As we get older we get to know ourselves better in some ways – or when we don’t we develop bad purchasing habits.
Can you think of any regrettable purchases you made? I would love to hear about them.